FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:24 pm
UnevenGray

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I’m kind of puzzled by ‘I had to walk from E to F to go through immigration’ because while it can be a long walk in the lower reaches of E to get from gate to immigration within that concourse, AFAIK, the only public connection between E and F is the plane train/pedestrian tunnel which is on the other/you’re officially back in the USA’ side of immigration.
Someone got it above, but I have landed at E, gone up to the escalator to be above E departure level, walked all the way across (more or less at gate E17, but still above it), gone down escalators that actually descend two levels, walked the tunnel from E to F (but on the "protected" side of the glass wall), then been spat out at the F immigration point. This was all in mid-2021, so they may have changed the configuration. But following signs which more or less say "final stop is Atlanta", I have always walked out at F and not gone through E, through security again, and been back airside.