FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless payment cards (2022 - 2023)
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:00 pm
RedLight2015

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by scibot
It seems the P400s at BK have issues with Amex contactless as it doesn't work. It seems the new Verifone and Ingenico pinpads both have issues while the new Equinox pinpads seem to be the best. Ingenico are the absolute worst with contactless. Most places with them are very very slow to read ctls. This is ridiculous and new Verifone pinpads have a few issues such as not reading a physical visa card tapped but Google Pay works just fine. I think BK might be using Point but I haven't been able to confirm that.
BK is using a newer version of Verifone Point for sure. Ingenico used to make amazing terminals with really good CTLS. I have no idea what happened, and why now everything just is junk polished up. Every store I go to with that Ingenico Lane small PIN pad, you have to hold the phone/card up there for a good 10 seconds before it would beep. It leads some people to of course, believe contactless doesn't work.