FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Flounge Customer Service Chaos
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:09 am
BONDY

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
In contrast the KLM Crown Non Schengen Lounge at AMS has 4 customer service desk (with chairs so you can sit down and have a civilised discussion) which I assume can also handle ticketing issues.
One thing I have noticed about American Airlines, for example, is their lounge staff seem to have a lot more power, flexibility and training in case of issues. For example, when my girlfriend and I misconnected at JFK in June (weather related so "such is life") the lounge agent spent a long time trying to work through options to get us back to Tel Aviv as quickly as possible, hampered apparently by lack of 2 Business Class seats between JFK and Europe.

In the end he managed to re-book us on a direct flight with El Al leaving later that evening. This was a BA ticket, we were next due to take a BA flight but I said to the other half we would likely be better trying to get AA to sort it instead of leaving the AA terminal and going to the BA terminal check in.

And we were even invited to go and sit in the lounge while he was working through the ticketing and once done he said we could stay as long as we liked.

Can you imagine that happening in a BA Lounge? But why does it not?

BONDY