FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming compensation from AC under APPR (Air Passenger Protection Regulations)
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:08 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Hold on a second. I need to put my moderator hat on and note that this thread is about claiming APPR compensation from AC. For a general discussion about the cost of flying in Canada or APPR itself, the Canada forum would be the correct venue (e.g. this thread on a National Post article a few months back on the cost of flying in Canada). I would encourage those looking to continue the broader discussion about APPR and cost of flying in Canada to do so over there, as I'm sure there are many insights to be had from this group.

To be clear, my comments earlier were in response to @kangarooflyer88's situation, and noting that these things are not as black and white as @yulred suggested. AC is clearly taking a very aggressive interpretation, and the CTA or the courts may support them, or they may not. But there's very little precedent around APPR. and it's unclear how @kangarooflyer88's might be decided.