FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Flounge Customer Service Chaos
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:50 pm
JD1905
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by southsquare
The other point that I should add is that I have another (in fact, many other) LHR/BHD bookings, in Clue Europe, for future dates. That's my regular commute and when I can, I book long in advance, often getting fairly low CE fares. So when BA staff asserted that they could not book me onto EI or Flybe, nor could they book me on BA's own LHR/BHD flight (which had availability but is not available for public sale), I asked if they could simply change the date on any of my future LHR/BHD bookings to today. BA staff then called ticketing, gave one of those PNRs to ticketing, and BA staff then told me that they could indeed reissue one of my other future bookings to put me on today's BA LHR/BHD at a cost to me of around £281 (comprising change fee and difference in fare) but could not do the invol change to which I was entitled, onto the same BA LHR/BHD today, as that flight was not available for public sale. Can there be any greater evidence of sheer profiteering on the part of BA?
Regular route for me also but I usually book at pretty late notice. Travel usually at least once every 2 weeks.

I’ve decided to use EZY to and from LGW next week, mainly down to price BA and EI was approaching £600 in ET compared to £120 on EZY.

I don’t mind paying a little more to fly BA and it would have suited me better being a GCH and having meetings in Paddington, but the difference right now and stories like this make it a no brainer really. At least EZY can probably re-book using the app.