FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:09 pm
bspringer

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by guv1976

If you spend about $7,000/year on AA-coded flights, that would be sufficient to get AAdvantage Gold status.

And I trust that you do know that things like credit-card spend, car rentals, hotel stays, AAdvantage Dining, and AAdvantage e-shopping now earn Loyalty Points that count towards AAdvantage status. Depending on your shopping/spending patterns, you could conceivably attain AAdvantage Platinum.​​​​​
Thanks, but as described, I do not spend $7,000/year on AA-coded flights. I am primarily price-driven (and for work reasons forced to be price-driven), so not all of my spending can go on AA. I would say that my AA spending is no more than $3,500. I currently do not have interest in pursuing AAdvantage dining, e-shopping, or credit card, and my car rental and hotel stay amounts are not enough to make up the difference (and I am fine with that). My question is primarily on what to do with the ~$2,500 that go on *A.