FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Flounge Customer Service Chaos
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:56 pm
southsquare

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
And my point remains, there is no availability specifically for invol changes. It is all the same. If it is showing available to public, then yes, agents can use it for invol. If it’s not, then they can’t. The only option would be a waitlist/standby.

I don’t know what availability the agents would have seen for EI or Flybe so won’t comment other than to say that the ticketing support agents would have been the ones to assist with this. They are also the ones who should have been proactively rebooking any late connections. The fact that this wasn’t done and the original
comment about how busy connections was, suggests that there was a wider failure in the ticketing support which impacted what the front line colleagues could do.
Even if the above is correct - and it is at odds with many of the posts above - I wasn't even offered waitlist/standby, nor would there have been any need to offer either as there was availability. What was lacking was not availability but competent BA staff. I did not comment on "how busy connections was" so I do not know to what OP refers. In fact, when my boarding pass beeped at Fast Track connections, I went straight to the BA agent and there was no one in front of me in a queue to reach her. And after she confirmed that gate A1 was waiting, I was taken straight through security and I sped to A1, arriving at A1 at 0714. There followed 10 hours of chaos, frustration and exhaustion caused largely by incompetent BA staff.