FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:11 am
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Was DL nonstop a consideration at booking? Even without the delay, UA DTW to BNA via EWR would add hours to the trip.
Sure. But even though I'm DTW based, I still prefer United and *A and being able to get some work done at the LH lounge before flights.

DTW - EWR/IAD/ORD - BNA is more or less the same thing to me when flying this itinerary on United. I know everyone will have preferences about trying to avoid certain airports or what not, but the timing and price worked out the best for me via EWR. I'm going IAD the way home.

I did ask the original gate agent about being rebooked on the DL nonstop due to the cancellation, but I was told Delta isn't taking United passengers right now. I don't know if that's true or not but didn't bother pushing.

UA4757 ended up 5 and a half hours late yesterday, a lot of people were pretty frustrated. United didn't start giving out vouchers to people until after the third hour in the delay (it was rolling 20 minute delays too, which I think didn't help).