FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship First Check in MIA - GCH with family will I be allowed?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:13 am
Roughneck57

Programs: British Airways GCH
Originally Posted by Waggy
Thanks. We are 5 people - 2 adults and 3 kids. Is that really the limit to simply check in? Not expecting lounge access.

By way of comparison - can always check in as a family in the First Wing at LHR T5 but then we go to regular security line.

Is it worth even trying FFCI or not bother and just go to business check in at regular AA desk?

I came through MIA last night, GCH with wife and 2 kids (16 & 18), managed to get all four of us into the lounge. We went to AA lounge next to gate D15 so not the flagship at D30 - think this may have been a factor as was told I could go to flagship lounge. I said but this is closer to our gate D3, I then added "don't suppose I could sneak my two kids in?".

We used check-in desk no 1 at the far end, it was empty - quieter than business - and after the usual AA shenanigans that two cases were overweight, they're not but their staff don't seem to know that GCH have 32kg weight limit we checked in quickly and used priority security. Scanner on the far right side is newer and no need to take laptops out.

On the way to security we passed the FFCI and I asked if I could have used it as a gold/emerald member, lady said yes. You walk past it to get to check in no 1 so worth asking.