FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:46 am
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Bit of a rough morning for DTW/me today. Was booked on UA3448 to DTW-EWR this afternoon that got cancelled due to ATC congestion in EWR. Final destination is BNA. Went to rebook and was not provided with a single other option today when I hit "find alternate flight" - I'm wondering if my partial upgrade (PZ) was causing an issue. I've since been rebooked on a different itinerary (with fare class Y) and there are some other options now showing up for this evening.

There was/(is) a 1030am to Newark that I could have stood by for but wasn't able to confirm onto, which was a bit surprising as I thought my 1K would have had me at the top of the list for priority rebooking.

I talked to the gate agent here (I'm at the airport), he mentioned there was a 3 hr (now 5.5 hr) delay (MX) for UA4757 to DEN, and some passengers were re-routed on the earlier EWR flight so they could make a connection.

Anyways I was looking into UA4757, the plane got in to DTW last night but they just updated it and it looks like there is now a deadhead flight (UA6947) flying to DTW to go back out to DEN.

Good to be back to pre-pandemic times here at DTW

Last edited by BThumme; Aug 9, 2022 at 9:57 am