FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread (2020-2022)
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:35 am
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by ezak
Congrats! Just a side note: next time, try not to refresh the reservation page while agents are working on the same ticket. I've been warned by many agents that this may cause a "simultaneous" error and may further delay whatever change you're trying to do. Personally I've had one such incident, where the agent couldn't complete the transaction during the phone call, and told me to wait a few hours for the final confirmation email. She specifically instructed me not to do anything with the reservation while waiting. That was also a JL award ticket in F, and needless to day, it was two very anxious hours before I got the email. With most airlines, this should be fine (such as AA), but apparently the infamous Alaska IT doesn't like it.
I refresh my res frequently when an agent is working on it to make sure they do not botch something. Never had a problem. You may see unexpected interim results when refreshing but simply viewing the reservation has never caused a problem for the agent working on changes, and this is on multiple airlines, not just AS.