FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Agent/Consultant for frequent travel
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:57 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I have a notes app that marries between my computer and my phone. I read this forum religiously. As I come across hotel reviews that appeal, I add them to that app. I keep hotels sorted by continent and within continent by country. I also subscribe to the premium fare forum. I get emails for every thread that is started there. I also have a significant stash of miles.

Last December, I put together a trip to Oman based on reviews done by @khabah and others. I found affordable business class tickets to Oman on Qatar at $5K each. We had a wonderful trip. I've got a list of hotels that @KatW has recommended. I've ticked off several of the California recommendations and have ones on the list for Mexico. We're headed to Tanzania soon. There I used a superb agent who specializes in African safaris. I'm a Hyatt person and banded it with Hyatts in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Doha. There's a thread on Vietnam in this forum where I've outlined a trip I plan to take in December. Bhutan opens in September. I expect to go in 2023.

There are Virtuoso agents in this forum who can be very helpful. Some actively travel themselves and have ideas for trips you can consider.