FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMS Transfer Advice
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:42 am
Globalist

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Thank you for this. Was something I was going to look into but the link saved me the time looking.

Regarding the "your not a transit pax" whilst I agree and the BA flights are positioning ones made at the same time albeit separately I was, maybe wrongly as it turns out?, under the impression that both BA & AY being OW carriers there would be some way to link the bookings as I thought that was one of the 'things' that alliance partners did. BA said they couldn't and well AY's live chat CS is a lottery of either utter incompetence or passable basic knowledge from my experiences with them.

As someone who's never done this, preferring instead to always go point-point, the help and advice has been immensely helpful in furthering my knowledge so hat tip to you all.
I will live in hope that by the back end of October and it being outside of school holidays that some semblance of normality will have returned to AMS and the 4 hour rule will be done with and out the door queues/ hold zones will have become a thing of the past but now at least I have a better understanding of things thanks to you lovely lot.
Lastly on the "are you sure on your AMS-HEL timings" you were quite right. I'd done a cursory glance and quoted the HEL arrival time with the departure from AMS indeed being at 17:30
BA doesn’t even check through bags when transiting BA to BA on separate bookings, There is zero chance,

Generally the check in for your AY flight opens 3 hours in advance, but they might accommodate checking you in early if the desk is open for an earlier flight. This of course is assuming AMS let’s you get to the check in desk early in October. I have some doubts the situation will be normalised by then.

Globalist