FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMS Transfer Advice
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:58 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Yes the being kept landside is until FT(-)X is a concern. The massive layover time is due to multiple factors at time of booking ( early Jan 22) where other flights had a price difference of, hold onto your hats folks, £800+ others being full and the rest not leaving enough 'Pete Tong Time' for us to have to take a later flight and safely get luggage, clear immigration, drop it again, go back through and make the flight. We like to build in some redundancy but not this much!

Having never been a transit pax before whilst I doubted it I have been living in hope that appearing at a transfer desk and providing them with luggage barcodes would allow the staff to have it located and placed in storage ready for the next leg thus removing the need for us to 'land' in the Netherlands. A wild fantasy it seems.

Maybe i'll have a look on the AMS site and look for left luggage facilities and pricing as whilst a fan of Amsterdam having visited the place a good dozen and half times if not more we weren't planning on going into town but it would probably be a better use of time if we're to be forced and kept landside.