FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to buy an extra seat? "EXTRASEAT" for paid or award flights
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:36 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TomMM
Thanks that’s my thinking also. This is will be a transatlantic flight on a 767 and I am planning on getting seats on one of the dual seats side.
Getting the EXTRASEAT is the easy part - keeping poachers out of it, especially if it's a highly desirable location, will be the challenge. Window/middle combination is best, you can sit in the middle the physically block people from poaching the window, then spread out after take-off to take both seats. Unfortunately, I wish I could poo-poo the risk, but the very first time I booked one of these, I had to slide over and block a poacher who was seated in the very back of the cabin, but loudly declared "I'm just gonna sit right here!" - no help from the FAs, but the GA who knew I had the extra seat told her to get to the back and sit down in her assigned seat.