FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continue Earning AA LPs, or Go for Gold?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:50 am
matinicus rock

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Continue Earning AA LPs, or Go for Gold?

Hello BAEC Gurus,

I’m a recently minted EXP on AA, and will have that status until 2/2024 thanks to the inclusion of credit card spend in earning LP’s.

Just landed a job in RUH this fall, which will involve 3 RT’s from LAX in Business on QR. Using the tier points calculator on the BAEC page, I see these 2 leg RT flights earn me 160 (LAX-DOH) and 90 (DOH-RUH) in each direction, for a total of 250x6=1500… right?

my question to you experts is, should I use my BAEC number for these flights, which would, correct me if I’m wrong, earn me Gold status by year’s end? I do have two other BA flights to LHR from ORD and BOS this fall to put me over if my above calculations are wrong.

I guess my question is, with OWE already earned via AA EXP, do I gain anything more by being BA Gold? I will fly BA several times in 2023 within Europe and back and forth between USA and UK, but as soon as January 2023 rolls around I’ll once again refocus on earning AA LP’s.

I do see this opportunity as outlined above though… is it worth it? Do I gain anything? Or should I just stick to earning LPs and miles with AA?

thanks!