FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:51 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tmac100
I am in Canada now. On my PNR I fly YYZ-LHR on Sept 12th with connector (on the morning of the 13th) LHR-KRK. THEN on a new PNR I fly (on Sept 20th) KRK-LHR connecting to LHR-LIS.
Does anyone see issues with these 3 shorthauls in Sept?
It's a fair question, and I'm a bit surprised that there aren't similar concerns raised by other travellers. But those with existing bookings are actually more secure by these arrangements since obviously if you knock out a third of your passengers, it's much easier to run an efficient service for the other two thirds, which is precisely why this has happened. Plus you are currently out of scope time wise, it's August that HAL and BA are concentrating on. I guess if BA doesn't manage to get the numbers down then there could be more cancellations but if this was a serious concern then BA would have more generous rebooking conditions for people like you. At the moment people can get a voucher instead of travelling until 30 September, but can only get free rebooks until 7 August. The short answer is you should be OK and you may get more flexibility for a free change if you wait.