FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:10 am
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Tim_T
apart from the minor issue of strikes at the moment
Yeah but at least they give you advanced notice - just removing flights like BA are doing (at the behest of Heathrow of course) is just ridiculous. I am now sat in a nearly empty carriage from York - having travelled down from Perth to York in First and York onwards in economy. No issues - early into each station - sandwich in F was really tasty….. I could go on! I am a complete BA geek but enough is enough. My last couple of long hauls have been very poor, dirty aircraft and average cabin crew. London City was better and I am trying Gatwick this weekend!

I will retain GGL next year through flying (no requirement for any further extensions and I agree with KARFA in the other thread - continuing to extend is unsustainable too as it is possible to get status by travelling). I am going to have a long think about the following year though if this carries on much longer. The COVID excuse is running very thin!

Regards

aks120