FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Lumo in da house!
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:55 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
in all fairness something that has been like that for as long as I can remember being changed all of a sudden is a enhancement of the worst kind even if its not official, especially wheb it leaves members with vouchers e piring before their elite status does....

Fair warning that this is changing would have eased the blow to many but as allways finnair chose to sneak this in instead of letting us know. Many could have timed their status runs then accordingly...

Just my 2 cents...

Finnair has made alot of moves that I fear will bite them in the butt long term, not the best time to burn bridges IMO.

Time will show, but this definately was a sneaky way to do it even if it wasnt official...

An Established practice none the less
This.

It has been the policy since at least 2009 when the program was revamped from 24m to 12m membership year. It is an de-facto policy.

Problem here is that someone in Finnair thinks they can tinker with the program, change a rule here and there, do a whimsical modification to a procedure or routine and not feel obligated to communicate anything. At best, they change some text on the webpage from one ambiguity to another. Either they don't understand the implications of the changes they make or they don't care.
I've said it before, in the loyalty game trust is the currency and they are doing their best to incinnerate all they've earned.