FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Lumo in da house!
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:34 am
Tapio

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Tapio
From the triple points campaign I bought my first ever real mileage run ticket: JFK-HEL-SIN-HEL-JFK (one night in SIN) in premium economy this October. Pricing was 1742 USD (around 1650 euros that time) and that would score 240 000 tier points. As my tracking period will reset October 1st, and with some other flights in that month + award point change I would make to the Lumo level already by end of October. That would be almost two years of Lumo life. I thought (and still think) this would be "the opportunity" to hit the Lumo level, but have also started to hesitate. Should I be just fine with Platinum level, as the Lumo has seen many enhancements recently? Well, I need to think about this and decide what to do. I wonder if any of you have similar "problem"? I think I could also change the name in the ticket with 400 euros, just wonder if one would then also receive those triple points?
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions in this topic. I just cancelled this mileage run ticket as it looks that there are fairly limited reasons to push towards the Lumo level. This ticket would have been a jackpot in terms of points, but still it was difficult to justify to use it only for the Lumo hunt.