FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Removes all Shorthaul from LHR from sale : now to 15 August.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:35 pm
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long
"Commercial reasons": Thailand's been open for a month now, just a negative PCR or vax certficate required. I was there over this last weekend, 5* hotels and M* restaurants in BKK are almost empty, with plenty of bargains and dining opportunities to be had as a result.

But I agree, other than a few exceptions, SE Asia is still a bit of a no-go area. And if you're British or Canadian, India's not an easy option either as both countries are noticeable by their absences on the eVisa system.
I am in Bali where it is the start of high season. Most hotels are about 50% but there are few bargains at the top end. Flights to DPS (leisure premium) have never been higher with QR especially pricey ex EU and LHR.

I am only here because BA moved my flights to QR and my room was booked last October when Bali was closed. Much as I adore both Bali and this resort, I would not pay the fares and rates currently being demanded. There is clearly a drive to recover covid losses but I am not sure the current model to do so will work longer term