FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Upper Class downgrade compensation
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:39 am
koakalekona

Involuntary Upper Class downgrade compensation

My upper class ticket for VS23 to LAX on 7/11 was involuntarily downgraded to prem economy when I got to LHR. The manager at check in said the compensation would be 100k points and I was told to email the customer care team, which is the team that handles compensation. Before the flight took off, I got an emails from VS about a voucher for the downgrade saying under EU261 my comp was 75% of what I'd paid for the ticket. I paid 77k points and 453 GBP for the ticket. I emailed the customer care team and didn't hear back until last Thursday the 28th. The rep tried to call me twice at 530 am pst so of course I wasn't awake and emailed saying 75% of the fare had been refunded. I haven't received any miles though, whether the 100k or 57,750 (75% of what I paid). The front line support reps can't help since it's a compensation issue and I have no idea when this customer care team will get back to me. The customer care team is email only with no phone number so I have no other way to contact them either. Should I hold out any hope of getting the 100k points or was that manager just lying to me? I'd at least like the 57k back.

After this experience, I'm worried about this happening again on a AF J flight and a Singapore suites flight I have soon.