FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:40 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Blumie
What’s the travel time from and to the remote parking lot? If I show up an hour before a flight (already checked in, no checked bags, and access to Clear/pre-check security), will I safely make my flight if I get stuck in remote parking? And if I land at midnight, how much time back to my car?
If you show up an hour before and only then realize that you have to go back to the economy lot, you’re probably toast. I would bank on at least 30 minutes extra time vs. parking in the short-term lot. You have to get there, wander around to find a spot, make your way down to the shuttle pickup point on the ground floor, potentially wait up to 15 minutes for the shuttle, and then it’s a 10-minute ride. In other words, a PITA vs. the 5-minute walk from short-term parking (which is where I normally park, because it’s only $2/day more than long-term, which is nuts but I’ll take it!)

There’s only been one instance where I had to scamper over to the economy lot after getting shut out of both ST and LT. Luckily, that one instance was one in which we got to the airport about 75 minutes before our flight—I dumped Mr. travelmad478 at Departures with our bags and then tore back to the old airport to park there. I made the mistake of going on Vets, which was a trafficky nightmare at the time, but got lucky in that the shuttle was there when I sprinted down to it and left immediately. I got to the gate about 40 minutes before flight time.