FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:27 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by VWAffe
FYSA, Avis Alaska is independent (their franchise dates back to 1954 or something) and the upshot is that they don't participate in the rewards program. There is no "skip the counter" option for Preferred members, and your receipt will not be in the app. I'm AVIS PC and only got exactly what I reserved there last month. The week after, for comparison, I had the pick of the lot in the lower 48.

TLDR: Reserve what you need at ANC; you won't get any status upgrade there. I recall seeing some basic F-150s, but not many.
Of the 4 times I've rented there, I've gotten the following on full-size reservations as a CHM:
1. Taurus x2 @ ANC
2. RAV4 - They acted like it was a HUGE upgrade but they didn't have any sedans on the lot @ Anchorage downtown
3. Atlas - I got to the site ~20 minutes early and was told they wouldn't have my car ready until my pickup time. They had ~15 trucks/SUVs/minvans/compact cars. I went for a walk and came back exactly at my pickup time and they had the exact same cars on the lot as 20 minutes earlier. I was given the choice of tiny cars or the Atlas @ Anchorage downtown

Originally Posted by tommyboy74
I'm flying into Kansas City (MCI) in mid-October and have rented a full size truck for the week. I have Avis Preferred and the current list was saying a Ram Rebel or similar. Does anyone know what MCI usually tends to have available for full size trucks?
I've seen a good mix of F150s, Sierras, RAM 1500s and Tundras (the old body style) in the last few months. Nearly all were purchased used that I've seen (license plate frame, front license plate, Florida "PM" registrations, dealer stickers and even some with personalized stickers on some rear windows). Some are very well equipped while most are on the more basic side, so it really depends when/where you show up.