FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rebooking beyond the 12 month validity - should I bother?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:29 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ringingup
Thanks. Are the chances of success almost guaranteed if I take them to MCOL?

It’ll be a couple of hundred pounds - the original ticket was booked with a pay with avios promo. I think I used 10k avios for quite a lot of value. It’d be a shame to lose that.
No, not guaranteed, a lot depends on very precise aspects of the Regulation and the precise details and chain of events in your case. BA have to offer a rebooking option, if they never did that at all then they would have a difficult time to convince the court. But if they cancelled and did offer some alternative(s) in the rebooking area then it gets more murky. If you are inclined to go this route, you must not ask for a refund, or accept one if offered, since that's a legitimate remedy and alternative to a rebooking option.