FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:22 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Sorry to hear bout your stay JB kettle
This property has long since seen its glory days sadly.
Able to say there was a time when I was proud to stay there 2008 ? sometime after they last renovated their biggest in history.
Unfortunately you have amazing challenges now to get a property up to speed especially in its low season with the PS inferno summer.
Then the staffing challenges & budget issues as a result of the pandemic.Likely not being ready financially for a refresh
Increased competition with the new Kimpton property which is 5 star in comparison and others.
With Andaz Thompson eventually opening in our lifetime potentially even more competition.
My guess is they will do when they have no other choice or it becomes Regency Ramada Suites Inn

Off topic. While not a topic many want to discuss as its complicated.
Hyatt once a global leader in Food and beverage seems to be in decline in quite a few locations.
Its what made me a Hyatt customer as a younger man excellence & exciting menus & recipes
I've had spoiled produce with over cooked dry as sand eggs at a recent close to 5 star Grand Hyatt.
Now add dirty tables and poor understaffed & stressed out service

Some of it is related to corporate failures of their food and beverage decisions and budget cutting or riding out trends like the locally sourced
which may offer lower quality sometimes.The other grass fed beef trend for some years now with frequently disappointing taste.
One of the biggest restaurant groups in America worth billions tested Grass fed and their customers some returned it for inferior taste and texture
and some in the video just spit it out in their napkin complaining they would never come back.That said the company still stocks it by request
Get there is market for it even in perception it may be better for your health or the environment (Not fully true)
I've watched more empty dining rooms at Hyatt's in all the years I travel with them.
Except at breakfast time when many just deal with whatever is there egg beaters (looks like pancake syrup) and I can't believe its not butter helper

There was a day I spent considerably on Hyatt Food and beverage and would go to them regularly to dine without staying.Now almost never
I go out or order Door Dash then subject myself to the new lower standards and limited selections.
Hence with the declining Globalist breakfasts at some select properties
I'm now staying at more non Hyatt brands favoring price, quality and location over brand loyalty.
I accept change for the better or the worse I just move on voting with my wallet at the end of the day where I end up.