FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:46 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Just a word of caution on this - my GE renewal is conditionally approved and I arrived on 5 July into JFK T8 expecting to use EoA to complete the process however the EoA booth was not operational that day. No idea how often that occurs, but it's obviously kind of inconvenient.
Did you ask about it?

Here is a report of an Enrollment on Arrival experience at JKF T8 on July 22 or 23 from the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread:
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
...planned Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) at JFK Terminal 8 upon return during website stated hours (~8pm). GE kiosks stated to scan passport but would not scan passports. Adjacent (empty) kiosk took a photo/facial recognition and printed receipt immediately. Asked Passport Control about EoA, told to go to Lane 1 of Baggage Control (BC)... Nearest staffed lane to 1 was 5 or 6. Went to Lane 5 or 6, asked about EoR, agent said only at Lane 1 when it is staffed. Asked if it could possibly be done now, usual nonsense excuses (I just work here, we’re short staffed), played the Navy retired card, asked to speak with a supervisor/manager.

Agent disappears for a few minutes, comes back, says okay, this one time, follow me to Lane 1. Fingerprinted again (I thought they never change), photographed again, asked where I was returning from, asked if Canada or Mexico in past 5 years... Process completed in 8 minutes, received email immediately that application was complete and approved. BC area still basically completely empty of travelers with 4-5 agents apparently not doing much.

I was soft-spoken, polite and respectful at all times, thanked both officers profusely. You get more bees with honey!
And a couple from December 2021:

Originally Posted by mgs 1k
Arrived first week of May at Terminal 8 JFK 6am. Asked for Enrollment on arrival and was told to take the normal line and ask the officer. Very friendly officer stood up, asked a couple of colleagues and told me that they had no one processing at the time, that I could try at terminal 4.

I cleared customs, took the air train and went to Global Entry enrollment center at terminal 4. After about 5 minutes someone showed up, explained I just cleared customs at terminal 8 and wanted the Enrollment on Arrival. They asked for my boarding pass and took my passports. 15-20 minutes later I was called, took a picture, fingerprinted and left. E-mail came about 5 minutes later.
Originally Posted by kjbclt
Here's a data point in case anyone would find this helpful. I landed at T8 at JFK on 17 December around 2:30pm. I asked the staff member directing people where to go for enrollment on arrival. She advised me to mention it to the CBP agent during my entry process. I did so and the agent sent me down behind booth 1, to speak with another agent there. That agent flagged down a third agent passing by to ask if he had time to do EOA, and he said he did. The process was very smooth with just a few questions, followed by photo and fingerprints and an explanation of the program. I was approved about an hour later.