FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:55 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Agree traffic doesn't really back up, it's just the couple of minutes it takes to get through the two lights. No big deal, but multiplied by 10 million passengers annually, I'm glad they're building the ramps.

They really need to solve the parking problems. The parking has filled completely every weekend this summer except the remote economy garage. I had to pick up and drop off my mother last week, and ack of parking made this very challenging. Curbside may not be a viable option for those who are elderly or disabled. The eventual ideal solution ought to be an additional terminal-adjacent garage, but that's tens of millions of dollars and years of construction, and not even being discussed, afaik.. But unless/until that's done, I'd like to see them designate maybe a hundred or so spots in the short term lot as true short term parking, with an enforced 1-2 hour limit. DFW does this, and you can always find a spot for pick ups or drop offs.