FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:41 am
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by TTT103
I would have been able to pay them from checking/savings, but not based on my income. In fact, I never exceeded my monthly credit limits and paid in full each month. I actually did ask Barclay's if copies of my savings and brokerage statements would suffice, but they declined. I charged a little over $1.4M each of the last couple of years, and I do not earn anywhere near $1.4M annually. That was their issue.
ur DP is very interesting and surprising. if comfortable, please provide more background. which personal card? A+? ive never heard of an employee having to spend 1.4MM annually of reimbursed travel expenses on a personal card without being an executive with a corporate charge card. you said not your own business? sounds like youre a special VIP. excellent. but personal credit cards simply do not have the infrastructure to handle that level of volume. especially barclays. they are totally conservative and keep very close eye on their cashback cards like A+.

furthermore, in order to charge that amount without cycling, your CL was at least $100k+. ive only seen this CL on personal cards for bulge bracket banks at the private bank income levels. not barclays. unless you had multiple cards with $20k+ CL? were you maxing out each credit card? i guess the most shocking item is the legit spend. you were not doing anything suspect. so this was purely a risk/income/volume issue. that level of personal spend triggered a business risk review. however, its totally possible that a different risk department would have handled your account if this was all on business cards with clearly stated high revenue/income/transaction levels during the app process. you essentially had a "0% margin" business which would support your stated income level but have high transaction volume of legit spend.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jul 30, 2022 at 11:47 am