FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:18 am
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What do you mean, try another email? Honestly that just looks more like fraud.

The credit card is not declining your transaction; it's not getting that far. The only reason that switching cards might help is if there's something about your CC that is raising flags. Is it in your name? Did the name match the name on your AA account? (I'm not sure if a name is passed to them in the tracking cookie, but if it is it should probably match the name on the CC as well as the name that you give giftcards.com and the name that you give Cartera.

Same with email; I would think that it would be best if the email address that you use for the portal should be the same as your giftcards.com account, and the same as your AA account. I'm not sure how much of this information gets passed through in the cookie but if it all matches you don't need to worry about it.
Everything matches. AAdvantage account email, purchase email. Names and addresses match across AAdvantage, giftcards.com and all my credit card.

I'm not trying anything funky or trying to circumvent limits etc. Just trying to buy a GC within the 2k limit per month.

Ideally, I'd like to send the GCs to 2 different emails. Helps me keep organized - healthcare, phone etc. on one and other misc on the other. But I have thus far only used the same email that is on my account. I can't imagine it being looked at as fraud - I have bought GCs as gifts for people (independent of this in the past) and sent it to them; that's a pretty normal use case.

Also, nothing really has changed since the last successful purchase. Same credit cards, same address, same account. Very confused.