FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best hotel near T5 for a quick o'nite
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Just checking on details here as it seems confusing.

First, for T5 is Premier Inn or Holiday Inn a better option? And which ones? The T5 hotels or the Bath Rd ones?
It's a balance on price - they are all perfectly fine for the job so the label "better" gets very subjective.

Premier Inn's have a standard quality so internally I think T5, T4 and Bath Road are broadly the same, and all have good access. T5 is the nearest, almost walking distance from T5 and on the 423 bus. It has some evening dining options, a big Chinese, two pubs and MackyDs. T4 is the newest and it's connected to 3 other hotels by an overhead pathway so you have some other eating options plus a few options in the terminal building. Bath Road probably is the more tricky to get and while Bath Road hotels usually give some community restaurant options, that one is a bit out on a limb and you just have KFC. Personally I would go T4 since the bus from T5 is more regular but that's just a personal view and probably £5 would shift me to PI T5.

For Holiday Inn, it's the reverse. The T5 HI is a bit tricky to get to on a bus (irregular service, or a bus change) but has a good Thai restaurant in front and is well managed in my view. HI Bath Road is brand new, on the 423 but really isolated from evening options.

Just be a bit careful with the "Bath Road" label - every day someone ends up in the wrong place since Bath Road is a backbone along the northern edge of the Heathrow Estate. So for example both HI are on Bath Road and so are two of the PIs.