FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CC charged for airport parking in Arlington day of dropoff, but I never parked!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:39 pm
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by steveofphilly
Thanks for the response. It remains a mystery. I am thinking that maybe it was compromised earlier (maybe even via a skimmer at the gas station in Maryland) and it was just a coincidence that it was used in Arlington that same day I was there. I have a new card, so I think I contained the damage there. Just a real head-scratcher.
yes, it sure seems to be. It's odd to me that the fraudulent charge appears to have come from SP, they are huge company operating many lots, including MWAAs parking lots since late last year, and many other transportation services. CC fraud usually comes from small fly-by-night folks, not from large companies with LOTS to lose by engaging in such petty shenanigans. But maybe its just appearing to come from SP - the name might be spoofed similar to caller ID. But the CC companies dont really give a hoot because they make so much money that the fraud is just small potatoes and not worth their effort to investigate and clean it up. Similar to how enormous retailers do not care how much gets robbed from a register - no matter how much is taken the company will take in many times that amount in the next minute.

Last edited by Section 107; Jul 27, 2022 at 1:46 pm