FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:00 am
lancelot21

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by erwin123
Hi,

Yesterday, I tried to book following award for two persons on UA
28/12 : BRU - LHR (on SN) - BKK (on TG)
03/01 : BKK - MNL (on TG, excursionist perk listed at 0 miles and $20 tax)
15/01 : MNL-BKK (on TG) - MUC (on TG) - BRU (on LH)

Everything went through to the payment page (about $280 taxes needed to be paid).
It went through and got the PNR, but no eticket

...She put me on hold trying to contact the rate desk
for the next hour, I had the united hold music , every 15 minutes or so she told me she was still on hold with the rate desk

after that hour, the music stopped and no more updated from the lady, but the call did not disconnect
half an hour alter, somebody from the rate desk came on the call, saying that she would normally not deal directly with customer. She was surprised that the first lady of the 1K line was not on the call anymore
Anyway,she did decide to look at it
first thing she said, is that she needed to reconstruct the itinerary.
Took her about 20 minutes, then she said itinerary is OK for the same amount of miles as it was on the website
then she needed to calculate the taxes, but she did in USD . Because of that ticketing failed again as I was using Belgian credit card and address, so ticketing required it to be in Euro.
Took her about 15 minutes minutes to convert into Euro , just to come to the exact same amount of taxes as the online booking showed.
Eventually she was able to generate the etickets.
Only took 2,5 hours on the phone to get this fixed, for what seemed a straight forward multi-city award booking on the UA website.

Wow! A testament to the power of perseverance. Thanks for posting the story, as inspiration to not give up. Though knowing in advance that it can take the rates desk a couple hours to fix something relatively straightforward can be daunting. I recently took about 1-1/2 hours to resolve something seemingly straightforward on a paid ticket (how much to upgrade the outbound on a paid ticket with cash? I was waitlisted with PPs, so it stopped showing me a buy-up price).