FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Lost Checked Bag - Need Phone #
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by siege101
My home address was entered into the World Tracer when I made my report, as was my temporary address in Marrakech, which was marked good until the 22nd. They shipped my bag there on the 23rd.
The point that I'm perhaps not successfully making is that this is quite a slow batch process. There isn't much point putting the RAK address in since the window of return was way too short. If you consider it will take a week, 10 days to be returned, it's best to just and only put a reliable address that will apply in one week, two weeks, not a couple of days. Now if WordTracer was working properly for you then in theory you could keep updating the address with your travels but as you have seen that comes with some risks. Your bag isn't like a human, being swiftly moved from place to place, but more like a parcel slowly finding its way to you. So it's about striking a balance here rather than feeling you need to mother every stage of it. From what you are saying I suspect you are a few days off getting the bag to the States and then a few more days until delivery.