FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread (2020-2022)
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:30 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by southbeach82
First time booking JAL with AS and had a few questions, for example, If made a booking for say June 1, 2023 and currently calendar only shown up to June 1, once they open up to June 20, can I change the booking at no charge? (Is there a limit on how many times you can change? Also, can I make it change online or do I need to call in? Thank you!
I would suggest reading the last few pages of the thread, AS JL awards are difficult to book near the edge of the schedule at T-330, there are workarounds that are discussed by skimthetrees, you probably need to understand that or else you're going to be very frustrated with your booking attempts.

AS awards on JL are changeable online, though at some point if you do a huge number of changes + there are JL changes it will likely toast the booking record's ability to be displayed on the web and you'll need to call AS, so I don't think I'd just arbitrarily change the booking just because. Is there a reason you'd want to do a ton of changes to a booking?