FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Lost Checked Bag - Need Phone #
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:32 am
siege101

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I may have mentioned that in post 9 above. It's TAP's job to re-unite you with your bag, otherwise at day 21 they become liable to pay for a replacement. I really doubt this work is doing much good, but if you are keen to pursue the issue, then at least get Skype or similar VOIP installed on your phone. You are unlikely to recover that $100 and Skype's service is usually a small fraction of other calls.
I'm worried that at Day 21 they'll stop looking for it. I would much rather have my bag and it's contents than their reimbursement. And you might be right this work I'm doing isn't much good but that's just how I am, I can't sit here and hope everything works out, especially reading horror story after horror story. If I had any actual communication from TAP it would certainly help the situation.

And TAP representatives have twice now told me it's my responsibility to call Marrakech Airport and have them look for the bag, so once they locate they can inform TAP. I'm surprised TAP didn't say I needed to fly their myself and search through the bags and then walk it back home.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I am not familiar with the call rates outside the US but I have found Google Voice about 30% cheaper than Skype. I don't use it all that much but have found it very handy and affordable when calling airlines with their main call center well outside the US {like QR, TK, etc)..
I'll have to look into Google Voice then. Thanks.