FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CGK turnaround on SQ
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:10 am
yauee

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by yamauchig
Just as an interesting sidenote, I also sent a request to a company at CGK that offers arrival, departure and transit assistance at the airport to get a quote for their transit service.

His first reply was a price quote and he also told me I needed a "visa on arrival" to connect to the SQ flight back to Singapore. I replied to him telling him I wasn't planning to enter the country just transit and go gate to gate. l just got another message from him and thought you might be interested............

Dear Sir
Thank you for your email
On your case is you need to go out to arrival and and get in for departure , you need to buy Visa On Arrival
International transit not yet open , the normal route will apply for you

Thank you and kind regards

So I guess he's saying that the "transit immigration counter" is closed. That sounds a little weird, so I guess that means that everyone transiting CGK now has to go thru the regular arrival immigration procedure, clear customs then reenter the airport to board their connecting flight.

I guess that means an overnight for me.
Any US airport allows transit without regular arrival immigration procedure, no need clear customs then reenter the airport to board their connecting flight?