FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:34 pm
yareku

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
CDG-PRG (Y) : op-up to J
PRG-CDG (Y) : about a hundred pax in SP lane at boarding . I go to the gate to ask for pre-boarding to make sure I will have space for my cabin suitcase. Refusal and they told me to use the SP lane. No negotiation possible, they had no clue what Ulti was or they didn't care at all . Boarding started by zones 1/2 but of course they didn't check any eligibility so half of the plane boarded before me and there was already no more room for my suitcase in the overhead bins (they had to put a lot of cabin bags in the hold). The crew was great and compensated the bad boarding experience and the bad PRG subcontractor. Toward end of boarding, they found a place for my suitcase at the very front of J and they provided extra attentions during flight.
Ulti doesn't really exist in PRG, Zone 1 boarding (although really brief and not always announced) has been in place on all flights since approx. May, so the way to board first if one arrives at C2 when there is already a considerable line of Zone 2 and Zone 2 wannabees is to hang out by the window and then join the queue from there (making it clear to the staff one is Zone 1) - if one stands at the end, it is almost impossible to proceed during Zone 1 boarding.

LH/LX actually use the same subco and they are quite wonderful (also applies to other airports in the region) - no idea why that is the case.