FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated IAH connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:02 am
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by walshtex
UA IAH-LHR in the next few days; planning on visiting lounge near E12. Flightaware currently shows inbound flight (before our flight) as arriving in terminal E, so I guess we have a shot at a terminal E departure.

1. 1 checked bag; CLEAR, Pre-Check, Premier Access; which check-in should we expect UA to route us to (or which should we pick)? I thought I read on another thread that D is preferable. Based on a map recon, C seems acceptable, but interested in your thoughts.

2. Either way, can we walk from the security checkpoints at C and D to E? I wasn't sure if the construction is affecting these walkways. The "interactive" map on the IAH website insists on putting me on the train (but I also noted that the Wiki indicates that the southern C gates are connected to E).

When I went IAH-DCA in May, I recall being dropped off at C (no checked bag) and walking to the lounges in D/E, but I also remember a lot of construction and poor signage/wayfinding (or maybe my nav skills were offline that day).

Thank you very much.
All the terminals but A are connected so you can actually walk between BCDE (that said from B I would take the train). From C checkin the walk to E is not horrible so no need to take the elevated train. I do that walk often as I prefer to use the Global Services entrance at C. You could use D also and walk over to E clubs easily enough but no Clear and not sure about UA priority (I have not used D securiry in a while). United is using more gates in D right now. Odds are the LHR flight will be out of one of the end gates in the E fingers so the UA club and Polaris lounge in E is easily doable to any E gate. If they use D gates for your flight it is a straight shot out of E club area across the connector past the diner and trains station to D. Sometimes they board a little early to test/use the biometric face scan boarding or due to targeted CBP outbound enforcement (normally searching for cash).

There are also UA clubs in C north and south and AMEX cent lounge and priority pass lounges in D FWIW. I don't use clear with my GE and preC, but I have seen the stations at A B C but not in D.

I always park right at the terminal due to it being free with my car tags but friends have told me the surface parking lot shuttles have special lanes to get through the traffic to drop right at the terminal. Parking and day and time are all factors at IAH BCE terms right now due to the construction. Thursday and Friday afternoons can get pretty bad for traffic at those areas so plan accordingly.

Last edited by FlyingHoustonian; Jul 23, 2022 at 7:19 am