FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:52 pm
carrotjuice

Originally Posted by geo1005
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.

So I'm confused (not for the first time so familiar territory) and hope the group can clarify:

I have been Silver for many years. My TP year is a JULY 8th anniversary. I was Silver until mid-June of 2022 when I crossed the (reduced) 1125 TP threshold and was moved up to Gold (showed up on or about June 20th). As expected, my TPs reset to zero on July 9th. My account online and on the app reads I am Gold through August 31, 2023.

For purposes of the extensions mentioned and underlined above, am I to be extended again to Aug of 2024? Or do the extensions not apply if you have moved up a level?
The complimentary extension would have no impact on you I'm afraid.

If you had been Gold for the membership year ending 8 Jul 2022, where you didn't earn sufficient TP to renew Gold, then your status would be given complimentary extension to 31 Aug 2023.

But as you had managed to upgrade from Silver to Gold by 8 Jul 2022 through organic flying, you'd be given Gold for the "remainder of the current year + one full year" (meaning Gold until 31 Aug 2022 + one year extension until 31 Aug 2023). Effectively, no difference versus if you had been given the complimentary extension.