FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok 2022
Thread: Bangkok 2022
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:52 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
the regulation entitles the passenger to rebooking on a flight at the earliest opportunity, OR rerouting at a later date at the passengers convenience. So I don’t see how any airline would only be able to offer their next service and say take it or leave it.
The OR statement above has a few extra words on the end, namely "subject to availability of seats". The CAA has given guidance (not law) about rebooking on other airlines, but it was all about finding a viable option more-or-less immediately and that would sometimes require the use of alternative airlines. The CMA letter today reinforces that, in terms of immediate rebooking options. And again I stress I was looking at this with a very strict interpretation headset on. But I'm not seeing anything that allows passenger convenience to extend to the selection of non BA services. Clearly BA needs to offer something for both sides of the OR statement, but in terms of what has been offered so far to the case specifically there, then BA may have some arguments. And as I say if BA does rig up an AY agreement, which they did last year, then that would satisfy EC261 in my view.