FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok 2022
Thread: Bangkok 2022
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:33 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The legislation allows for rebooking on the next available service, or a service for which there is space in the cabin. So if we are going to be strict about this, BA should rebook by a service which is ideally the same day as the original booking and ideally as close as possible to the original booking times. There isn't a preference option in all of this, so if it's ropey old seating that's tough. If it's close to the original booked times - same day (ish) - then I think BA are within their rights to say "take it or leave it". If you then move to the "space in the cabin" argument, then on a strict view BA can offer their next BA operated services, which is of course unclear to say the least. Over time I would expect them to offer a Finnair option so it may be premature to be having this discussion, as pointed out repeatedly by several of us.
the regulation entitles the passenger to rebooking on a flight at the earliest opportunity, OR rerouting at a later date at the passengers convenience. So I don’t see how any airline would only be able to offer their next service and say take it or leave it.