FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick Turn in DUB Advice
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:14 am
HarryHolden68

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I agree with the above - B2B at Dublin is high risk at the moment.

I arrived on Tuesday morning. As you enter the passport area, there are e-Gates immediately on the right which UK passport holders can use. There was no queue here. The baggage hall was a bun fight. About 100 people clutching receipts queuing at the help desk where two staff appeared harassed. Police were nearby to preserve the peace. There were abandoned bags everywhere and it felt like a third world airport.

On the return, the airport felt more like the Celtic turnstiles at Ibrox for an Old Firm game. Yellow jacketed marshals at every door barking at people. "This queue to check in. This queue to security". Everyone had to show their boarding passes to be allowed entry with people arriving too early being turned away. The check in area was chaotic with queues everywhere obstructing movement around the terminal. Everywhere, staff were barking orders at passengers. Not an easy job I accept but acting like you were trying to control a rowdy football crowd who were looking for a fight was never going to win friends.

Fast track security was ok. It took me about 10 minutes in total to get into the terminal and to the lounge at 11am on Thursday. The lounge was packed with hardly any seats. Refreshments were an improvement on Pre-Covid. Boarding was equally chaotic with around 40 passengers needing "extra time" to board. I appreciate not all disabilities are visible and that gate staff do not want to get into an argument, but is there any policing of this call? With no jet bridges, we were forced to wait at the foot of the stairs where another official with a yellow jacket man handled my arm to take my phone off me - a phone that I was talking on. He shouted at me that I was stupid and can I not see their is refuelling going on all around. I asked him to take his hands off me so I could hang up and he ran off to shout at someone else on their phone.

I understand that it cannot be easy for anyone working in an airport at the moment. But anyone who thinks it is ok to talk to belittle passengers should go an take a leaf out of the book of the only pleasant person I came across at the entry to fast track security. She was delightful and full of Irish hospitality.

On board, BA at its best with a great crew.