FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:02 pm
porciuscato

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by chitraveler1975
Has anyone ever had an agent refuse to push through an upgrade on plus points at T-72 because another segment on the itinerary has already cleared (normally)? This is a new one for me and agent swears she is a real gs agent.
I haven't gotten that exactly. Several times, I've gotten: "We forced once segment to clear when you booked, therefore we can't push any other segment through at T-72" I think others have mentioned this above.

Your experience is a new development. I guess they just keep tightening the noose. I recently hit 2 million miles. I may not go for 3 million because of this crap.

I recently booked a trip to Africa on United & Ethiopian with $4K in cash and 130,000 miles. Then realized that I could have flown in Qatar Q-suites for only $4500. Polaris is to Q-Suites what AMC Pacer is to Lamborghini. I'm not sure it's worth making that kind of sacrifice anymore for the ever-declining elite benefits on United..

Last edited by porciuscato; Jul 21, 2022 at 7:07 pm