FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedited passport
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:09 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by erik123
I understand and have done this several times - but I understand there is no way to make an appointment and no walk-ins at the moment due to staffing issues. They might make an exception for an early morning walk-in but I doubt it and best plan for the worst.
I’ve not had to show up without an appointment this year at a passport agency office, but in prior years I’ve shown up and seen people without appointments let in/up anyway without finding the desperate applicant on an appointment list on those days when I know the appointments were not available for booking in the normal ways. What they said then or now about no walk-ins is not always strictly enforced — and it can vary by not only location but by who is working.

The OP should have had time to contact a relevant federal legislator’s office for constituent services. US Senators and House members have some staff who still do manage to get their constituents openings for applying in-person even when everything looks booked to the general public.