FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best hotel near T5 for a quick o'nite
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:28 pm
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by steveggetit
1. Sofitel for sure for sheer T5 early morning convenience and the food isn't bad either. You simply easily walk to check in and the hotel has a decent car park with sometime good prices if going away for 72 hrs..... the Club Millesmie is the Lounge option where you can load up on drinks ( not sure post Covid now ) from 6-8pm....

2. But if you have a Car and are parking at the airport anyhow think beyond Heathrow. Windsor has great restaurants and a far better atmosphere than the airport hotels.

3. Top Recommendation from me is the Runnymede or Great Fosters outside of Egham. English modern or Manor style with how we do things right in this crazy world. Decent food and my wife happy! No more to say really

SO

Sofitel if you have an early departure or don't have a Car, the other 2 for English Country House quality and charm.

Runnymede is a river hotel on the Thames ( I worked there in the Bar 45 yrs ago! ) but don't get staff rates! Great Fosters for classic English Manor House charm. Both Venues less than 10 mins away from T5. depends on car availability and if you want to enjoy a great brekkie as well.

Price points roughly the same as Sofitel, Great Fosters perhaps a notch up. Windsor has cheaper options.

Hope this helps
I'm the first to advocate Great Fosters, but rather as a weekend break hotel than for a quick layover. Much better to have time to wander round the grounds and see the bees (and then buy the honey, assuming they still do that!). Last time we ended up in the little room at the top of the tower, quite an experience...