FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR T2 - 1 Hour Connecting time doable?
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:48 am
ArnoldB

If rebooking to an earlier, less stressful connecting flight was an option, I would've already done it. It's not like I'm sadistic and love being worried.

I booked this award (VIE-LHR-BOG-LIM / LIM-BOG-BCN-VIE) two months ago and even then it was already a major hassle, as I had to talk to about 10 different hotline staff members until someone finally managed to piece this routing together. The problem was that the BOG-LIM legs are Economy only and therefore the whole VIE-LIM connection did not show up for the agents in their search results and they have to add it together manually, but ultimately it worked and I have the ticket issued.

I checked again today and that connection (VIE-LHR-BOG) does not show up anymore at all in the award search (not in United Award Search either). It does not even show up anymore as purchasable for cash on austrian.com. Neither does a variant with a feeder flight 4h earlier (which never showed up at all even 2 months ago, or I would've booked that back then). And I'm also worried that even if I just call them and ask them to look if it's available they'll somehow screw up my current booking and that will be gone as well.

So yeah, my hope is that the feeder flight is moved ahead of time a bit or cancelled and I get rebooked to the earlier flight. Or that the Avianca flight is moved backwards a bit further. Or that something is cancelled and they just rebook me to a Lufthansa VIE-FRA-BOG-LIM connection.

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
When they rebook you they will see you had bags checked in and they will reroute them to be on the same flights you are rebooked on
But what if they deny rebooking me to the early next morning KL/IB flights and I book that myself? Because that's what I'm afraid of. That I miss the flight, they deny rebooking me on the early morning KL/IB flights and instead insist on rebooking me to the late night Avianca flight the next day (24h later), so that I have to rebook myself to the KL/IB connection (and later send them the bill). Would they still need to comply when I tell them to reroute my bags to the KL/IB flights in that situation and is that even possible?

I know it maybe sounds like I'm overthinking things but actually I don't think that is such a far-fetched scenario.

Last edited by ArnoldB; Jul 21, 2022 at 9:17 am