FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:44 am
MsAnnMcD

Programs: BONVOY Titanium, Hilton, AAdvantage Gold, UA Silver, Jet Blue
Since St Pancras denied our SNA's we applied them here for a 400K 5 night redemption and it was approved. Check in was at 4 and room wasn't ready. Melissa was new to Park Lane and had transitioned from St P. We went to the lounge. After 45 minutes I saw a room had been assigned on the second floor and texted via chat. Melissa came in with our keys. We went up and the keys didn't work. Back down to reception. Got another room number and set of keys. Back up we went. We were next to a suite (Hastings I think) that was on the corner. Our room had a lobby with a desk and mini bar, lounge area with sofa and 2 chairs, pocket door to the king bedroom and large marble bath. They did conduct email outreach prior to arrival and there was a form to fill out with the specifics of the trip.

The room was clearly lacking TLC and cleanliness standards one would expect at this hotel. Stains on almost all the furnishings in the lounge. There was a nice welcome note and a cheese platter thanking us for our stay. The concerts were on at Hyde Park (Pearl Jam and Duran Duran) so the area and hotels were all pretty busy. The spa was also very nice but I did not book services here. Location is great for access to lots of eateries in Mayfair and Marleybone. Vito the concierge was helpful with some ScotRail and Stagecoach bus issues.

Again, the women working the lounge were outstanding and in my estimation abused by many of the hotel guests. During the off hours their door was knocked on and during serving hours they were taking "special requests" constantly. I felt bad for them but maybe if I was spending 1000 quid for my room I would have done likewise. Again, great food offerings and beer and wine flowed self serve.

Overall another perfectly adequate stay. This was our third hotel out of 5 during our trip and by this time the feeling was the all the hotels are over promising and under delivering. That said, I was there for seeing things other than hotels but with a little effort these stays could have gone from adequate to outstanding.