FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:06 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
FYI, it may seem further than it is - it's two metro stops away from the Arc de Triomphe - and a then a beautiful walk down the Champs-Élysées to the Tuileries and the Louvre. Further, that Metro line will take you to many sites you may want to visit (or close to them) including, Arc de Triomphe, Tuileries and the Louvre (if you choose not to walk), Les Halles, Notre Dame and the Bastille. If you plan on taking the Metro around the city, I don't think you'll find it cumbersome at all, as pretty much everything else will be one change of train maximum.
I'm pretty bad with foreign names, but I think Les Halles is connected to the Westfield Shopping Center.

There is a lot of construction around the hotel. I was just there and if the OP has a lot of luggage, I recommend he take a taxi. The Parisian subway system is horribly outdated and needs to be modernized. It's a pain in the ... to carry luggage around.

As for the hotel, the entry-level rooms are very small. I think for the OP, a suite is a bare minimum for comfort.