FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:03 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
Perhaps, but the first agent pretty much just said you have to cancel your ticket and rebook with her, no option. No mention of "off-PNR" companion getting my benefits and while I haven't done this in a while I sort of remembered that they could indeed do that. ...
But it you pushed on the on-PNR, the response would be no. This happens for other when ask for E+ upgrades or award ticket mileage upgrade (when the right term is waitlist). Yes, the first agent should have pivoted as the better second agent did, better unfortunately some get locked on the thing we ask for, not the thing we needed. (happens here on FT at times but with multi-response we sometimes bump into the right response -- a form of random-walk)

Originally Posted by nomad420
Yes, I knew I could apply miles for the upgrade but he actually got me a better deal than I was seeing on line and processed it in a minute. Kudos to the 1K desk today!
The "better" deal is a bit puzzling as mileage upgrades are fixed for a particular routing. Are was the better deal for the paid portion of the trip?